It’s in that convergence of spiritual people becoming active and active people becoming spiritual that the hope of humanity now rests.
1. Beautiful blue sky this morning when I got up with temps in the high 50s. It got into the low 70s by late afternoon, perfect for sitting on the back porch reading.
2. The preacher talked about Paul’s conversion in the sermon. The thing that stood out to me was that conversions don’t have to be sudden like Paul’s It can be a gradual learning or recognition of things you “knew” all the time, like when our attitudes change about racism or LGBTQ issues.
3. We originally thought we would get Mexican food on Wednesday for my birthday, but I got it today (and used my $10 off birthday coupon) from Moctezuma’s. Sadly, they were out of the bottled margaritas, but I have hopes that the driveway happy hour will have them tomorrow.
On Wednesday I’ll get sushi from our favorite Japanese restaurant. They don’t open for lunch on Sundays so this will be perfect. It’s been months since I had sushi – since before the lockdown (has it really been 5 months now?).
4. After lunch I finally got the sheets and towels that I washed on Tuesday out of the dryer and folded them. Then I fed and watered the birds, including replacing the suet cakes and refilling the seed feeder. They are eating me out of house and home, but it’s worth it. They give me such pleasure watching them playing in the birdbath, and pushing each other out of the way to get to the seeds.
5. We have the Greisser Girls’ Chat scheduled for this evening. Something to look forward to.
How about you? What made you happy today?