Heaven is under out feet as well as over our heads.
Henry David Thoreau
1. We’re back to cool, cloudy mornings, and warm(ish) afternoons. 55 deg when I woke up, but by mid-afternoon it was sunny and 70 deg.
2. In Bible study this morning we looked at Jeremiah 29:1-7, 11. Jeremiah is reminding the exiles to settle where they are – God will take care of them, and eventually they’ll be better off. As we are “in exile” from our lives because of the pandemic, we should have hope. “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
3. I fixed my special tuna fish salad for lunch today. Big Al had it over lettuce, and I had it, partially in a sandwich (needed the fiber from the whole grain bread) and partially over a tomato. During lunch, Al and I had a ringside seat to watching a white crowned sparrow taking a dust bath under one of the bushes in the front yard.
4. I didn’t get a chance to walk this morning (and it was too cool to walk comfortably), so I took the long way around to the Wellness Center after lunch. I managed to get all my steps done and dusted.
5. Decent COVID-19 numbers continue for Tacoma. At the first of the month our 14-day rolling average was 31.9 new cases per day. Yesterday (the last day we have numbers for) it was 24.4 new cases per day. More people are wearing masks, and it’s starting to make a difference (I hope) (fingers crossed).
BONUS: Pleased with Biden’s choice of Kamila Harris as a running mate. I understand his pick better now that I know she and Beau Biden were friends when Beau was Attorney General for Delaware and Kamila was Attorney General for California.
How about you? What made you happy today?