It would be a shame to return to life just as it was before – not learning or growing from this time-out. What a unique opportunity we’ve had to step back from everything and think about what matters in life.
1. The weather is warm and bright today after a couple of days with cloudy mornings. Still not too warm in the afternoons – high of 72 today.
2. I woke up this morning listening to the fountain in the birdbath sucking air, so I went out and added water in my nightgown. I don’t think anybody saw me.
3. I decided to spend some of my Amazon birthday money on a new Echo Dot. My regular Echo is a couple of years old and has been having trouble understanding and responding. I’ll be happier (and I know Al will be happier) if I’m not always hollering at Alexa for doing or saying the wrong thing.
4. I, apparently, really enjoyed myself eating everything in sight on my birthday, so today I’m back to the food I’m supposed to eat in the quantities I’m supposed to eat instead of whatever I want and as much as I want. The straw that broke the scale’s back was, probably, a large Choco Brownie Extreme Blizzard at 9 pm yesterday. (But golly, it was good.)
5. I spent some of my Duncraft gift card on a new suet feeder and some new, fancy suet cakes. If they like them better than they like the ones I get at the grocery store they’re going to have to suck it up, because those cakes are expensive.
How about you? What made you happy today?