Each moment is a chance for us to make peace with the world.
Thich Nhat Hanh
1. Decent day today. Lots of high clouds and what “they” say is smoke from the fires in Siberia. 50 deg. when I got up and mid-70s this afternoon. There’s supposed to be a cool down with rain in the next several days. I’m okay with some rain.
2. I think I finally got my new Echo Dot connected and settled. The tech on the other end of the phone insisted that my router and modem needed to be rebooted, so I finally tried that. Alexa is working – for now. Not sure why Alexa is the only device that has problems.
3. Today was the day of the Annual Picnic here at Franke Tobey Jones. They are trying to keep things as normal as possible, but it’s hard with the pandemic. They had “Grab and Go” picnic food, but it’s not the same when you have to bring it home and sit at your own kitchen table to eat it. The picnic used to be a major production with an enormous rented tent, and a band. This was NOT this year.
4. The menu was pretty good. Potato salad, macaroni salad, coleslaw, cheeseburger, hot dog, fried chicken, baked beans, roasted in the husk whole corn on the cob, and red, white and blue shortcake. Everything was packaged up ahead of time in Styrofoam containers. We had a taste of everything except hot dogs, I think.
5. I’m excited to see the Democratic Convention tonight. Usually there is so much noise and so many people you get bored with all the side chat. I like this 2-hour and done format. I loved the “around the country” tour of the states as they voted to nominate Joe Biden.
How about you? What made you happy today?