Remember, remember always, that all of us, and you and I especially, are descended from immigrants and revolutionists.
Franklin D. Roosevelt
1. It was cool and rainy when I woke up, and I thought we were going to have to endure another cloudy, wet day like yesterday. But about 11:00 am the skies started to clear, and the sun came out.
2. I started the day in a long-sleeved shirt, but by the time I got home from my walk at 11:45 it had warmed up to the low 60s where it has stayed all day.
3. Last night, Big Al thawed out the chicken Tetrazzini that I cooked several weeks ago, and that’s what we had for lunch. I think it gets better as it ages.
4. Because lunch was so easy, I was able to go over to the Wellness Center and finish my steps early in the afternoon, and then I drove down to Safeway to pick up my on-line order of things I wasn’t able to get at the commissary – like cottage cheese. I’m having a tooth pulled on Monday morning, and I’m going to need to have something to eat that day.
5. Spent the rest of the afternoon relaxing, rocking, and reading. I’m trying to finish up my “piece of fluff” novel, so I can start Heather Cox Richardson’s How the South Won the Civil War. It should be fascinating.
How about you? What made you happy today?