Don’t plan it all. Let life surprise you a little.
1. It was MUCH cooler this morning when I woke up – 50 deg. But the sun was out and the sky was blue, and it warmed up nicely. I still put on a sweatshirt for the latter part of the afternoon. I decided I’m 76 years old and I know when I feel cold!
2. In church this morning we heard about Peter saying that Jesus was the son of God in Matthew 16:13-18. The church exists to show the world the life-changing, world-saving love of God. Jesus calls Peter a rock – not a sparkly crystal – just a plain old rock. And the church is made up of plain old rocks who, together, try to show the world the life-changing, world-saving love of God.
3. MOD Pizza had a special deal today – two individual pizzas, a small salad, and two “No Name Cakes” (it might be “no name” but it looks and tastes just like a Ding-Dong.) Fine lunch for the two of us.
4. Our 14-day rolling average of new COVID-19 cases in Tacoma continues to slowly inch down. I’m cautiously optimistic that they may have gotten the attention of most people. I DO see masks everywhere when I go out – but that’s not often.
5. This afternoon was the weekly Zoom call with my sisters. It’s so restful to be able to reminisce without explaining yourself. In my peripatetic life, it’s a rare opportunity and I value it.
How about you? What made you happy today?