Medicare and Social Security are not “entitlements.” They are savings that have been taken from our pay checks and from our employers as part of our salaries. They should be returned to us as we need them for our health.
1. Another nice day today – 55 first thing in the morning, high of 70 this afternoon. A lot of high clouds – probably from the upper level winds carrying the smoke from the fires in California and Siberia over to us.
2. We were up early. I had to have a tooth pulled and we had to be there at 8:00 am. Mr. Watters was NOT a happy camper, but I was glad to get it over with. I asked them to knock me out, and they did, Sat in the chair, they started an IV, and 45 minutes later they woke me up. I’ve been replacing the gauze packing regularly, and it has almost finished bleeding. So far Extra Strength Tylenol is taking care of any discomfort.
3. We stopped on the way home, and I got a mocha and some egg bites from Starbucks for breakfast because I hadn’t had anything to eat since last night. Nice and soft, and easy to chew. Then I had cottage cheese and crackers for lunch.
4. I was able to get all the laundry washed, dried, folded and hung up. I gave myself permission not to even try to do any exercise today. I was too wobbly this morning, and still unenergetic this afternoon.
5. We had driveway happy hour, and it was nice to sit in the sun – not too hot, and not too cool. Then we had Gazebo Group on Zoom which is always fun.
How about you? What made you happy today?