The ability to contradict reality in broad daylight and to be lauded for it is a fearsome ability…
1. Pretty day again today. Mid-50s this morning, mid-70s this afternoon. Blue, blue PNW skies.
2. After breakfast, I drove down to Safeway and picked up my order. Only bread, eggs, bagged salad (Al’s choice), and Cheese Whiz. When I got there, I parked in the pick-up slot and called for them to bring the groceries out. The girl brought a bag out and said “Mrs. Wasser?” I said “No, Mrs. Watters.” She went back to look again, and about that time another car pulled up directly facing me. The girl came back out and said “Meet Mrs. Wasser.” and pointed to the car facing me. Ooops! They had given her my groceries, and she had to turn around and come back. They took my groceries out of her trunk, put the ones they tried to give me IN her trunk, and brought me the bags that had had a nice ride to her house.
3. We had chicken cooked with rice and Lipton onion soup mix, and Bush’s baked beans for lunch.
4. I was wondering yesterday if the flickers were going to like my new suet feeder. This afternoon I had some very unexpected visitors – three California scrub jays. We’ve lived here for nine summers now, and I have never seen them before. I’m a happy camper – apparently they like the new feeder!
Thanks again, Harriet, for giving me the app, iBird. I never would have figured out what they were without it.
5. Today is Ice Cream delivery day. This week we got Blue Bunny Chips Galore Ice Cream Sandwiches.
How about you? What made you happy today?