Odd as I am sure it will appear to some, I can think of no better form of personal involvement in the cure of the environment than that of gardening.
1. Warmer today, and really pretty. 55 deg when I got up and 77 deg this afternoon. Bright sunshine and blue skies all day.
2. Our next to last Bible study with our pastor was this morning. Her moving van is coming next Tuesday, so we are having Bible study on Monday (but that’s Labor Day! It’s not like we have anything else to do.) We talked about John 2:1-11, when Jesus turned the water into wine. Sarah pointed out that the jugs with the water were usually there – just inside the door – for people to use to wash their hands and faces. Was that symbolic of Jesus being able to cleanse people inside by giving them wine to drink, or are we trying to read to much into it?
3. We had a quick lunch today. I had a tuna fish sandwich, and Big Al had a salad.
4. The housekeepers came today, so we have clean sheets on the beds, swept, mopped, and vacuumed floors, clean kitchen, and clean bathrooms. While they were finishing up, the landscaping guys dropped by to find out what they should prune. They have strict instructions to NEVER cut anything unless they ask first. But now the shaggy bushes are trimmed nicely, and they’ve pulled up some pretty large weeds that have sprung up in some of the beds. They chased the ivy back into the bed it belongs in, and pulled it out from under the wall where it was trying to get into the garage.
5. I got all my steps today by taking the long way around to get to the Wellness Center where I finished them off. My new shoes are fine, but they aren’t broken in really well yet, so I have to be careful to take them off as soon as I get home.
How about you? What made you happy today?