Continuing to serve Darth Vader on the Death Star so that not quite so many planets are destroyed is still serving Darth Vader and the Death Star.
1. Pretty day again today. Still cooler. High 50s this morning, mid-70s this afternoon. I like the sunshine, but we’re beginning to be worried about how dry it is. Temperatures in the 80s forecast for next week, and windy. Dangerous at this time of year.
2. We had a blessing service for the choir director’s little boy in church this morning. His parents have decided that rather than baptize him now, they’re going to let him decide for himself when he gets bigger. That doesn’t mean we have any less of a responsibility to pray for him and encourage in the faith.
3. Big Al decided he wanted Shepherd’s Pie for lunch, so I ran to OddFellas to get it. I got a Cobb Salad wrap. Tasty.
4. I finished off How the South Won the Civil War, by Heather Cox Richardson. Really enlightening. I just started Caste by Isabel Wilkerson. It’s one pf Oprah’s Book Club books, and, although I haven’t gotten very far into it, it seems like it will also be very enlightening.
5. No Greisser Girls Gab today – one sister had a conflict, so we’ll be doing it tomorrow afternoon. We’re also doing Bible study tomorrow morning because the preacher’s moving van is coming on Tuesday. And we’re not skipping the Gazebo Group tomorrow, either, so tomorrow is really full.
How about you? What made you happy today?