At first dreams seem impossible, then improbable, then inevitable.
1. I was up at 6:30 and had the pot roast in the crockpot before 7:00. We haven’t had pot roast in donkey’s years – probably because it needs to cook low and slow, and that’s hard when we eat dinner at noon. It needs 4.5 hours on high in the crockpot. I should be able to give it 5.5 hours at least today. Big Al thought it was very tasty. And I had enough left over for at least one more dinner.
2. Bible study this morning was the last one with our preacher before she leaves for Virginia and her new call. The text we studied was Philippians 1:2-11. It was very poignant in the light of her departure.
3. I figured since it was (almost) after Labor Day it would be okay to trade out the tablecloth and (artificial) flowers on the table. Looks pretty fall-like, now.
4. Since I was up early to do the pot roast, I was able to get the laundry started, and completed earlier than usual. I had everything out of the drier, folded and hung up before lunch.
5. Greisser Girls Gab (put off from yesterday) – on Zoom – rounded out a very satisfactory holiday. Gazebo Group got cancelled because the host forgot it was Labor Day.
How about you? What made you happy today?