Trouble creates a capacity to handle it…meet it as a friend, for you’ll see a lot of it and had better be on speaking terms with it.
Oliver Wendell Holmes
1. Really smoky this morning when I got up. The temperature has been pretty decent compared to what we were threatened with – 58 deg. this morning, and 84 this afternoon. I know it would have been hotter if we hadn’t had all the particulate matter in the air.
2. Erika, Bill and Ango came by as promised this morning just after 10:00. He had to do some work on a conference call earlier. He’s got everything working as advertised on the computer, and we’ve copied everything I cared about off of the server. He’s going to come back over a weekend in a couple of weeks and make sure everything is still fine.
3. Our Creative Writing class had its first meeting this morning. The teacher wants us to get practice working on a long-form essay. She suggested that we do the piece on music that has meant a lot for each of us through the years. I’m mulling. If I can’t get that to do what I want it to, I may write about “Potato Farming in Washington State”. I’m personally fascinated by the tales and reports from #2 son about the company trying to bring their own personnel and the growers into this century.
4. It was after noon when we finished the class, so I got out the leftover pot roast and veggies from Monday. Big Al loves that kind of food (old fashioned tummy warming memories from his mom).
5. When I finish this I’m going to update my Quicken and check that I’ve got everything right with the bank. This ex-Accountant loves nothing better than reconciling money.
How about you? What made you happy today?