In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity.
1. It was pretty cool (mid-50s) when I got up this morning, so I checked the weather forecast and saw that it wouldn’t get above 65 today. We’re still under an Air Quality Alert – Very Unhealthy (AQI=226). Tomorrow is forecast to be 176 – still Unhealthy, but not Very Unhealthy.
2. The birds have been MIA since smoke rolled in last week. No action at the feeders or anything. They seem to be back today, flittering around and getting a drink at the birdbath, so maybe the worst has passed. Either that, or they decided they’d rather die of respiratory failure than starve to death. Anyway, I gave them fresh water, refilled the suet feeder, put more seeds in the main feeder, and refilled the hummingbird feeder.
3. We had pork chops, cinnamon applesauce, stuffing, and canned corn for lunch today. Filling, and pretty good.
4. I got all the laundry washed, dried, folded and hung up before I went to the Wellness Center where I got all my steps for the day on the NuStep. It took me a long time over there, because I couldn’t walk outside with the air quality as bad as it was, but I got ‘er done!
5. Our Driveway Happy Hour was cancelled today because of the AQI, but we could still have the Gazebo Group on a Zoom call.
How about you? What made you happy today?