Sometimes people say unkind or thoughtless things, and when they do, it is best to be a little hard of hearing — to tune out and not snap back in anger or impatience.
Ruth Bader Ginsburg
1. When I got up this morning the AQI=13 – Good! The rain yesterday and in the night finally got rid of all the smoke. Hallelujah! It was in the upper 50s early and got up to 70 deg. this afternoon.
2. I found this list that I posted this time last year. It’s a great way to start finding your own Five Things. Use it if you’d like.
3. One of the great voices in progressive law died yesterday – Ruth Bader Ginsburg. I’m so happy I was alive at the same time she was. We all, women and men, owe her a debt of gratitude for her clear-eyed insistence on equality and justice for all – not just the rich, not just the powerful, not just the people who look like me – ALL.
4. I spent the morning on FaceTime with #2 son doing research for my Creative Nonfiction class. I went back through what I had written earlier and updated and added additional information. Off it went to the teacher to read and critique for the class on Wednesday. I’ll probably mess with it on my own between now and then, because it’s pretty raw.
5. Because of the beautiful blue sky, light breeze and wonderful clear air, I took the long way around to the Wellness Center to finish off my steps and do my balance and strength exercises. All exercise done and dusted.
How about you? What made you happy today?