Lord, I don’t think you created us to be able to metabolize such a constant stream of bad news everyday. But I do know that you created us to metabolize cookies. And for that I give you thanks and praise.
1. Cool and rainy this morning – “so Northwest”. Wonderful, unpolluted air again today, and no “bad” air in the forecast. Sun came out around noon and we had blue skies and puffy white clouds the rest of the day. It was nice to go out in the yard and trim some of the bushes by the fence.
2. We heard a good sermon from our Presbytery-assigned interim pastor, Rev. Jenny Rake-Marona, this morning. She will be with us until the session finds a transitional pastor to take us through the process for calling a new pastor.
3. Big Al decided he wanted a Pita Pit pita for lunch, and that didn’t appeal to me, so we ordered his pita on-line, and then, on my way home from picking it up, I stopped and got Souper Pho for me. We each got what we wanted. Win-Win!
4. I don’t have a free day next week to go to the Commissary unless I go on Monday when I usually wash, so I washed everything except the clothes we have on our backs, today. Got that little chore finished – washed, dried, folded, and hung.
5. The Greisser Girls Chat was this afternoon. I needed to connect with them to grieve RBG, and strategize about what’s next. I don’t think we solved anything, but we tried.
How about you? What made you happy today?