You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated.
1. Cool and cloudy today. 51 early this morning with foggy mist. Warmed up to the mid-60s, but they are threatening that the weather looked at the calendar, and is going to turn cooler and rainy by the end of the week. At least that way the lingering “hot spots” should be put out.
2. I did a major commissary run this morning. It’s been a while since I went, so I managed to spend over $300 and three hours. I got the car unloaded while Big Al put everything away.
3. Al fixed lunch for us. He made a quick stir-fry of thin-sliced beef, and frozen peppers that he served with ramen noodles. He also made a sauce with ginger, sugar, and soy sauce. It was tasty (and it got a couple of things out of the freezer before I brought the current crop of groceries home.)
4. I’ve been using a set of towels that I know I’ve had for 20 years. They finally got raggedy and I ordered a new set from Amazon. They came today, so I’ll have a nice looking bathroom again.
5. We had Driveway Happy Hour this afternoon – after it was “postponed” for the last two weeks because of “bad” air. Good to see some of the neighbors that we rarely get a chance to visit with. That was followed by Gazebo Group on Zoom.
How about you? What made you happy today?