My husband John lived by a code: country first. We are Republicans, yes, but Americans foremost. There’s only one candidate in this race who stands up for our values as a nation, and that is Joe Biden.
1. The rain began, as advertised, between 3:30 and 4:00 this morning. I was lulled back to sleep to the sound of drip, drip, drip and the scent of wet ground through my bedroom window. It continued all day long. We need the rain to put out any hot spots from the fires and to return the moisture that will help keep our woods and forest green.
2. We had Creative Writing class today. We’re still working on making non-fiction interesting. We read everybody’s “first pass” before class and then critiqued them together. I’m still doing potatoes, but I need to figure out a way to make it an essay, instead of a Wikipedia entry.
3. Big Al and I had a quick lunch of bratwurst, sauerkraut, and red skinned potatoes. Easy and relatively quick to cook and eat.
4. I was in a hurry for lunch because I really needed to get over to the Wellness Center and work out on the NuStep. I slacked off on my steps on Monday because of the time I spent at the Commissary, so I couldn’t skip again today. I managed to get my anticipated 10,000 steps. Whew!
5. This time last year, my sister and I were just finishing our Whale Watching cruise out of Port Townsend. We were on our way to Port Angeles to spend the night in anticipation of catching the Black Ball ferry first thing tomorrow morning for Victoria, BC. Good times and great memories. I can hardly wait until this awful pandemic is over to be able to do more of that kind of traveling.
How about you? What made you happy today?