Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness in your heart.
1. The rain returned in the night. It was mid-50s most of the morning. About 10:00, the rain stopped and we caught a break in the clouds. I took that opportunity to take a long walk. I’m glad I did because during lunch the heavens opened up again, and it dumped another inch or more on us. The radar says the storm has mostly passed, but it’s supposed to come back tomorrow and then clear off for next week.
2. #2 son turned up at 9:00 am, solved a little problem (that wasn’t really a problem) with my Quicken, and got Big Al set up on Dropbox with all his important files. I bought him his very own Dropbox to match mine. Really pretty inexpensive, comparatively – 2 TB for ~$100/year. And it all backs up every time you change something.
3. The wanderers from Central Washington left before 11:00. They’re going back across White Pass and the weather map looked like it was a good choice. I just heard from them and they had a fair amount of rain, but at least White Pass has negligible traffic.
4. Big Al and I had ham, corn on the cob and asparagus for lunch. I fear I won’t get the corn and asparagus easily from now on. Summer’s over.
5. A trip to the Wellness Center after lunch let me finish off my steps for the day. 10,000 done.
How about you? What made you happy today?