A huge part of this nation’s glory, to the extent it exists as a beacon to others, is the peaceful transfer of power based on the vote of the people of this country.
Charlie Baker, Governor of Massachusetts
1. It was really cool when I got up this morning – in fact, I heard the furnace kick on about 6:15, doing its job of warming the house to 70 deg. A check of the weather told me it was near 50 deg. outside. We had bright sunshine and I got in a walk this morning.
2. My friend, Gretchen Staebler, posted these rules to help make it through this unreal time we are experiencing.
Imagine better days.
Keep fighting back.
Rest when you need to.
Eat chocolate. Preferably with wine.
I love this, especially the last one..
3. Tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch, because it was still cool and breezy and, after all, it’s Fall.
4. I checked the radar and it looked like I had an opportunity to scurry across the parking lot to do the NuStep before the rain returned. It spit a few drops on me as I went, and while I was there the heavens opened up. I would have been drenched if it had started 10 minutes earlier. Then, just as I was ready to come home, the rain stopped and the sun came out again, although there are lots of dark clouds in the West.
5. I needed Heather Cox Richardson’s pep talk today. If you feel the same way, here it is.
How about you? What made you happy today?