The rights of every man are diminished when the rights of one man are threatened.
John F. Kennedy
1. Another beautiful fall day. Mid 50s this morning, mid 70s this afternoon – and bright sunshine all the way. Nice walk this morning between Bible Study and lunch, and then, after lunch, I went to the Wellness Center and did my strength and balance exercises, and finished off my steps for the day.
2. We had Bible Study this morning and we looked at Jeremiah 29:1-11. It’s a story of hope for the Israelites in exile in Babylon. Although they didn’t know it, we know that eventually they were allowed to return home and rebuild Jerusalem.
Pray for the peace of Jerusalem.
3. We each fixed our own lunches – Big Al fixed macaroni and cheese for himself, and ate the rest of his pulled pork and coleslaw from Sunday. I fixed a ham sandwich with one of my little tomatoes cut up on it.
4. The housekeepers came today, and I have clean sheets on the beds, clean bathrooms, a clean kitchen, and swept, vacuumed, and mopped floors.
5. The first presidential debate is today. After the recent revelations about the President’s taxes, I am a little bit more hopeful. I think he may be really worried about admitting that either he lied on his tax return, or he lied about being a Billionaire.
How about you? What made you happy today?