A change is brought about because ordinary people do extraordinary things.Barak Obama
1. Big windstorm overnight. The wind was so fierce that it woke me out of a sound sleep a couple of times. There are branches down all over the yard. I’m eternally grateful for all the trimming the crew did on the trees in no-man’s-land on the other side of the fence.
2. They tried to have a Zoom Resident’s Council meeting today, but forgot to book a “real” one, and instead booked a free one (apparently). Anyway we were cut off at 40 minutes. If they try to do it again, I hope they remember to look at the clock, or bite the bullet and pay for it.
3. There has been a whole flock of Pacific-slope flycatchers (at least I think that’s what they are) dining at my suet cake and birdseed feeder. They’ve been around for the past week or so. They are tiny little birds – really cute. I narrowed my identification down, based on pictures in iBird, and their range.
4. Big Al had oatmeal for breakfast, and then he didn’t want much for lunch, so I postponed the lunch I had planned to later in the week, and I had a ham sandwich and two of the last of my little tomatoes. He fixed his own lunch while I was at the Wellness Center.
5. Because of the unsettled weather, the powers that be put off the scheduled Driveway Happy Hour until Friday, but we still held the Gazebo Group on Zoom. At least weather rarely affects Zoom meetings.
How about you? What made you happy today?