A nation grounded in fiction, rather than reality, cannot function.Heather Cox Richardson
1. The third Pacific storm in five days arrived right on time this morning at 6:30 am with a rumble of thunder in the distance and a hard little shower. Mid 50s this morning, and briefly got up to 60 deg. It was alternately sunny and showery all afternoon with the wind continuing.
2. Bible study was part of the Sermon on the Mount. We looked at two short little parables – Salt and Light – in Matthew 5:13-16.
3. I fixed Wick Fowler’s chili for lunch today because I could get it started before Bible Study, and then it was ready for us to have at lunch time.
4. I’m cautiously optimistic. The conventional wisdom is that Democrats do better when there is higher voter turnout. My niece went to vote in Garland, Texas, on the first day of early voting. She stood in line for almost two hours. Her story is being repeated around the country in Arizona, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, New Jersey, New Mexico, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, and Wyoming. Citizens in Colorado, Hawaii, Oregon, Washington and Utah vote exclusively by mail.
5. The housekeepers were here today, so I have clean sheets on the bed, swept, vacuumed, and mopped floors, and clean kitchen and bathrooms.
How about you? What made you happy today?