Life is filled with so much pain and beauty and mess and despair and hope and loss and unexpected realities and huge traumas and things not being even remotely close to what we imagined. But we are in good company with other humans who are human-ing, too, and we desperately need each other.Kathy Escobar
1. It was 44 deg. when I got up this morning, and the high was 51 this afternoon. Cloudy and breezy all day, but there was a sprinkle around 3 pm, and a rainbow over the Sound.
2. We had Creative Nonfiction class this morning. I’m giving up on Peter Potato – there’s not much I can do with that story, although the folks in the class did encourage me to try to make it a children’s story. I might. I’m going to go back to something I’ve been messing with for several years and see what I can do with that. According to the teacher we should show growth, both in the subject and in ourselves, and I think that might fit the bill.
3. We didn’t get finished with class until well after noon, so we had leftover chili from last week for dinner today. Big Al was happy and so was I.
4. I gave myself permission to skip the Wellness Center today because I had to make a run to Trader Joe’s to get sausages and blueberries (they were out of blueberries at Safeway yesterday.)
5. On the way home we stopped by the Urgent Care Clinic for Al to get his flu shot. I got mine last month, and I’m not sure where he would catch the flu since I’m the only person he ever sees or talks to without a mask – but, he’s now vaccinated in case he wants to see anybody.
How about you? What made you happy today?