A politician needs the ability to foretell what is going to happen tomorrow, next week, next month, and next year. And to have the ability afterwards to explain why it didn’t happen.Winston Churchill
1. When I got up this morning it was in the upper 30s. Brrr. It warmed up to the low 50s and there was very little wind, so it wasn’t impossible to walk.
2. Got a nice little walk in this morning when I went the long way around to the Wellness Center to do my balance and strength exercises.
3. I got some collards and mustard greens last week, so I cooked up a mess of them for my lunch to have with ham and potatoes. Big Al opted for canned sliced beets instead of greens. I cooked the greens with bacon pieces, and added raw onion and Trappy’s Pepper Sauce before I ate them. YUM.
4. Really interesting hour on the NuStep while I watched and listened to HCR’s Politics Chat for today. Knowing that similar power grabs have happened before in the history of this country and democracy has survived makes me feel a little better.
5. Because I was watching HCR, I got way more than my requisite 10,000 steps today. (That and a nickel will get me a cup of coffee, I know.)
How about you? What made you happy today?