It is a serious thing just to be alive on this fresh morning in this broken world.Mary Oliver
1. According to the computer, it was 39 deg. at sunrise. The AQI was pretty high – 108 – Unhealthy for Sensitive Groups. No real reason except wood burning fireplaces and stoves, possibly, and no breeze. It went down to Good by the middle of the afternoon as the temperature rose to the low 60s. I took advantage of the sunshine to walk a little because it looks like it won’t be around much through the week.
2. The laundry is washed, dried, folded, and hung up.
3. Big Al had to get blood tests for a doctor’s appointment later in the week, so he had a McDonald’s breakfast mid morning. I ate my cereal by myself, and then had a sandwich with leftover tuna fish from Saturday for lunch.
4. A year ago today, I decided to minimize my Facebook addiction. I still don’t have it automagically open a tab when I open my browser, and the icon for it is on the second screen on my phone. If it had been “in my face” constantly through the last year, I would be a blithering idiot. I limit myself to a few minutes in the morning to check birthdays, and a few minutes in the afternoon when I post this blog.
5. Gazebo Group is this afternoon on Zoom. We have a variety of political persuasions, so that should be 40 minutes of NOT thinking about the election.
How about you? What made you happy today?