The vote is precious. It is almost sacred. It is the most powerful non-violent tool we have in a democracy.John Lewis
1. According to the computer, it was 47 deg. when I got up this morning. A drizzly rain began before dawn, and continued all day. It got up to 51 with more rain, and looking at the radar it will continue for the foreseeable future.
2. In Bible Study this morning we looked at Matthew 4:12-25. This is the beginning of Jesus’ ministry right after John the Baptist is killed. What is the kingdom of God, and is it here already?
3. It’s election day (or this year, it’s the end of election season). According to reports many states have already had more people vote early or by mail than ever before. Long may the banner of free and fair elections wave!
4. I went over to the Wellness Center after lunch and listened to HCR’s Chat while I used the NuStep. Then I came home, did a little email work and went back to talk the my personal trainer and get a new program for this month.
5. After I finished with my personal trainer, I went to Safeway to get the groceries I ordered this morning. Unfortunately, they were out of eggs, potato chips, and ham steaks. Fortunately, those are not desperate, so I can always reorder and get them later in the week.
How about you? What made you happy today?