Lift up your faces, you have a piercing need for this bright morning dawning for you.Maya Angelou
1. Drizzle continued with a warm wind overnight. 59 deg. at dawn – warmer than the high yesterday. It got up to the mid 60s but it should drop back into the 50s for tomorrow. It’s been showery today, but the radar shows a big patch of rain moving this way.
2. We had our Creative Writing class this morning. I’m still messing with something I wrote a couple of years ago. The instructor suggested that I try writing it as a series of vignettes or stories that are loosely connected. I’m not sure, but I’ll try.
3. I didn’t have a lot of time to fix lunch, so I warmed up Lloyd’s Pulled Pork barbecue, and opened a can of Bush’s Baked Beans. Quick and filling.
4. I’ve been kind of obsessively checking the election results all day. I’m trying to breathe and accept that we are in liminal space. We’ll find out the results when all the votes are counted. I’ve been really pleased with the results from Washington State. Good, progressive candidates have won, and there hasn’t been much/any protest or unrest.
5. I hope, now, we can get back to concentrating on defeating this virus. Wash your hands, wear a mask, keep your distance!
How about you? What made you happy today?