Perhaps it takes a purer faith to praise God for unrealized blessings than for those we once enjoyed or those we enjoy nowA.W. Tozer
1. It was mid 40s when I got up. It was cloudy but the rain is promised to return this morning and stay around for a while. It’s 49 deg. this afternoon but a hint of blue skies were seen.
2. Al’s oxygen compressor had a fault and the alarm went off at 5:08 this morning. I don’t know about you, but a shrill, long beep dragged me out of the bed with a start. The first time I restarted it, I couldn’t get it to stay on, so I switched Al’s oxygen from the compressor to a bottle. Then I called long suffering Bill to get the phone number for the oxygen people because he had been the one interfacing with them. I called them, and they walked me through restarting it, and I crawled back in bed, and then at 6:20 the alarm went off again. I restarted it AGAIN, and it did fine. I called to get a more permanent fix when they opened at 8:00, and a technician came and replaced the unit AGAIN shortly after we started the Zoom class.
3. This morning we had our last Creative Writing class for the fall. It was interesting and I thoroughly enjoyed hearing and reading what the other folks were writing. They were also very glad to see Al sitting in his chair and participating – not napping.
4. I’m trying to keep a more detailed log of what’s happening with Al and all his interactions with MDs. I’m really glad I burdened you fine folks with my problems, because now I have something to look back at. I’ll try to keep it out of this blog that’s about happiness from now on. Sorry for making you live through all this with me.
5. After class I went and fetched PitaPit pitas for our lunch, and now Big Al’s sitting in front of the TV watching old Star Treks and napping.
How about you? What made you happy today?