Where our deep gladness and the world’s deep hunger meet, we hear a further call.Fredrick Buechner
1. It was mid 40s and cloudy when I woke up – no rain was forecast – but see #4.
2. Big Al had a good day yesterday – so good that I felt comfortable leaving him alone in the house twice for a couple of hours each time. That probably contributed to the fact that I slept really well last night.
3. I fixed pork chops and rice with Lipton’s onion soup as seasoning, and the leftovers of beets and black eyed peas from yesterday for lunch.
4. I headed out to take a walk before lunch since it wasn’t raining for the first time in ages, and It started before I got to the end of the driveway. I scurried back inside, waited five minutes, and it stopped. Back out I went and did 20 minutes around the campus.
5. Al had his follow-up with his pulmonary doctor this afternoon. We took one of the bottles of oxygen with us, but unfortunately it was empty when we got there. I don’t know what I did wrong, but no harm-no foul. He was okay – not great – but okay even with riding down in the car, and walking to the elevator, then waiting for the doctor. The nurse who checked us in realized his oxygen wasn’t working, and brought one of the bottles that they keep there. The doctor was really concerned and said he might have died from the original episode last week. He was thankful everything turned out okay. Al’s doing as well or better than could be expected, and we have a follow-up appointment for March. We rode home without oxygen, and he did okay. He’s sitting in front of the TV now with his feet up.
How about you? What made you happy today?