There’s a lot of heaviness this year, and we will be lugging it for a while. But we will find ways to make it lighter, starting with finding the good. Starting with kindness.Gretchen Staebler
1. It was in the mid 40s and windy when I got up, but it felt colder because of the wind. It never got out of the upper 40s all day, but there were only a couple of showers.
2. I spent the morning reading through people’s “end of the year” posts. Most folks were able to find a silver lining to this awful year. I hope you checked out my “Intentions” wrap-up that I posted this morning.
3. We each had “whatever” for lunch today. I had a can of Progresso Lite Clam Chowder, and Big Al finished off the chili from last week.
4. The elves who usually bring us “happy hour snacks” brought us a party pack for this evening with party hats, and handmade cheese and crackers from Pike’s Place Market. I may have cheese and crackers for supper!
5. Happy New Year to all my gentle readers. I really appreciate all of you.
How about you? What made you happy today?