Unless the government looks like the nation’s people it will never properly understand what the people it governs need.President Andrew Jackson
1. It was in the mid 30s and clear, with the waning moon hanging in the trees when I got up this morning. With lots of sun all day, it managed to get up to the mid 40s before nightfall.
2. Bible Study today featured Isaiah 40:1-11. I bet you can’t read that Bible passage without hearing Handel’s Messiah in your head.
3. I had a tuna fish sandwich with the leftovers from Saturday. Big Al had a whole, large can of Campbell’s Chicken Noodle Soup.
4. I went over to the Wellness Center and worked out while I listened to HCR. She was answering questions today, and I learned a lot. My takeaway was we don’t have to live in McConnel’s reality. If those of us with Republican Senators put enough pressure on them, some of the obstructionist policies will disappear – even if we don’t manage a majority.
5. I started my Jacquie Lawson Advent Calendar today. It’s such a fun way to begin the day during Advent – and not as fattening as those Advent Calendars with chocolates. (And, no, I don’t get a commission if you buy one for yourself or as a gift.)
How about you? What made you happy today?