One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.Archibald Rutledge
1. It was in the upper 30s when I got up this morning. There was a tiny line of blazing red sunrise visible over the Cascades. It was sunny all day and got up to the low 50s.
2. We had bratwurst and sauerkraut with boiled potatoes for lunch. It was a good dinner and not too much trouble to fix.
3. Big Al’s Physical Therapist came today and made him walk, stand up and sit down, and do some stretching. He complains when she tells him to do something, but he feels better when she leaves.
4. I was able to get my 10,000 steps yesterday – the first time since Al went into the hospital. I took a walk this afternoon but didn’t stay out long. The combination of sun on my glasses and fog from my mask made me almost blind. I’ll try again later when the sun isn’t at such an acute angle. I may not get all the steps I need, but it will be more than I’ve been able to manage the last several weeks.
5. WA Notify is a new tool that works through smartphones, without sharing any personal information, to alert users if they may have been exposed to COVID-19. It is completely private, and doesn’t know or track who you are or where you go.
I signed up for it yesterday. Apparently several other states (including New York) are already using this system.
How about you? What made you happy today?