Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.George Santayana
1. It was in the upper 30s when I got up this morning and hazy, although we had been threatened with freezing fog. It never did clear off but it got into the upper 40s before dropping again by sunset.
2. I scurried out about 8:30 to a dermatology appointment. Three biopsies on “suspicious” places on my face, and LOTS of frozen keratoses. I’m also going to have to start with the “anti-cancer” cream that apparently destroys cancerous cells and makes them scab and peel off. I guess wearing a mask will be good to keep me from scaring the horses with my red pealing face. I had Mohs surgery on one basal cell carcinoma 10 years ago, so I may have more of that in my future (but maybe not.)
3. We had “brunch” instead of lunch today. I stopped at McDonalds on my way home from the doctor’s and got Big Al two breakfast burritos, and a hash brown patty. I got a Big Breakfast with Hot Cakes. (I did minimize the calories by using my own sugar-free syrup, and Polaner’s no-sugar with fiber Orange Marmalade instead of the packets that came with. I also gave my hash brown potato patty to Big Al.) I haven’t had that in years, and, fortunately, I had forgotten how much I like it. Now all I have to do is not obsess over it from now on. That is arguably the very best thing McDonalds makes.
4. They have expanded my time at the Wellness Center to 1 hour three times a week, with a promise of more in the future. Fingers crossed.
5. I was able to get my 10,000 steps in again today, by spending my full hour at the Wellness Center and walking over there and walking back. Yippee!!!
How about you? What made you happy today?