Choice by choice, moment by moment, I build the necklace of my day, stringing together the choices that form artful living.Julia Cameron
1. It was in the upper 30s when I got up, but clear as a bell. Beautiful colors to the east over Mt Rainier. It got into the low 50s in the bright sunshine before dropping back at dusk.
2. All day yesterday I planned to go to the commissary today to do my Christmas food shopping, and get stocked up until the first week or so in January. Then I watched the national news at 5:30 and Rachel Maddow at 6:00, and I changed my mind. I’ll be doing all my grocery shopping from Safeway Drive-up-and-Go for the foreseeable future. Although I wear a mask whenever I go to the store, I realized that, at age 76, they were talking to me when they said, “No one over the age of 60 should leave their house.” I can still walk outside and go to the Wellness Center because I’m the only one there. I was good and didn’t go to the commissary as we try to break the back of this thing.
3. Big Al had his Occupational Therapist between 11:30 and 12:30, and then his Physical Therapist between 2:00 and 3:00. He did well. He and the PT walked up to the Gazebo and back.
4. Because I knew time would be tight between therapy sessions, I fixed a pot of Bear Creek Tortilla Shop with some chunks of chicken from the freezer for lunch. Very tasty and good on a cold day.
5. I made an order at Safeway and after lunch, I went to the Drive-up-and-Go. When I called to let them know that I was there and ready to get my groceries, I asked the nice young man if he could run by the pharmacy and pick up my prescription for me. He did, but the pharmacist who suggested I do that neglected to get my credit card information, so the young man who brought my groceries to the car came out, got my credit card, took it back in to the pharmacy, and brought me my prescription. Above and beyond the call of duty.
How about you? What made you happy today?