1. It was around 50 and cloudy with wet streets when I got up this morning. No change all day long – still 50 and misting rain.
2. Bible study this morning was Isaiah 61:1-4, and Psalm 126. The leader asked us to read it as a displaced person, or as an indigenous person. How does it read differently if you are not a white, hetero-normal, male?
3. Today we each figured out what we wanted out of the refrigerator for lunch. While we were eating the housekeepers were here changing beds, vacuuming the floors and cleaning the bathrooms and kitchen.
4. While I was at the Wellness Center, working out, Big Al was entertaining the nurse and the physical therapist from Puget Sound Home Health. They are either going to cure him or kill him.
5. 10 Days of Merriment today was Stockings Were Hung by the Fire with Care. We got tipsy (if you wanted it) eggnog, and big cookies. I got a chocolate chocolate chip cookie, and Al got a vanilla cookie with chocolate chips. We were allowed to choose our stocking off of the wall at the Bistro. They had one stocking per Duplex, and after it was tagged with our names it was returned to the wall. The stockings will serve as a post office box for us to send cards and goodies to each other, and at the end of the season we can take ours home.
How about you? What made you happy today?