Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.Laura Ingalls Wilder
1. It was mid 40s and cloudy when I got up this morning. The sun had come out and made it “partially” cloudy by noon. It topped out about 50.
2. Right after breakfast I drove down to the Safeway Drive-Up-and-Go and picked up the order. I got home, and they had forgotten one of the cartons of milk, so back I went.. That was really good because they said they didn’t have the swiss cheese I wanted for the soup, but because I had to make a special trip, the fellow searched around and found some for me.
3. I spent the rest of the morning making Onion Soup. Lots of slicing, and stirring. But it was REALLY good. I’m so glad the sisters told me about “Better than Bouillon”. I think it made all the difference. Al said it tasted like the stuff we used to get at La Madelaine in Dallas, and that is high praise.
4. 10 Days of Merriment for today is Memory Lane. We are each supposed to write a favorite holiday memory and trade our stories for goodies. The treat was Hot Spiced Cider, and a chocolate covered pretzel stick.
5. I’m headed over to finish out my steps for the day at the Wellness Center since they have relented and allowed me to have another half-hour slot.
How about you? What made you happy today?