Art is not what you see, but what you make others see.Edgar Degas
1. It was in the upper 30s and cloudy with “chunky” rain promised for later in the day. The rain didn’t start until mid afternoon, and by that time it was too warm for “chunks”. It’s supposed to stop before dark, so we may have dodged that bullet for now.
2. Since Big Al and I couldn’t find any nostalgic Christmas movies to re-watch, we decided to watch Dr. Zhivago. I know it’s not technically a Christmas movie, but we saw it first at Christmas time in 1965. I DO know it’s the COLDEST movie I’ve ever sat through, no matter what the actual temperature in the room or in the theater is. Luckily, we have the DVDs so we weren’t tied to the vagaries of the streaming services. We watched the first half last night, and will settle in with the second half this evening.
3. Lunch today was the red beans and rice with little smokies that was originally planned for yesterday. Good stuff, particularly if you add some Tabasco sauce, which I did. I left it out of Big Al’s because he’s anti-spicy things.
4. 10 Days of Merriment for today was Tattoos & Booze. Unfortunately, this was kind of a bust day for goodies. The drink was sparkling cranberry juice, and the nosh was a 1″ square of fruit cake. The tattoos were really juvenile, too. But, hey, it was free.
5. I hustled over to the Wellness Center for my “add-on” half hour before dark, and was able to get within shouting distance of my 10,000 steps.
How about you? What made you happy today?