We’re a nation hungry for more joy: Because we’re starving from a lack of gratitude.Brene Brown
1. It was in the mid 30s early this morning, with fog. The sun came out just before noon, but it never warmed up very much. It topped out in the low 40s.
2. I was basically a slug all morning, sitting in my recliner, under a lap robe, and reading my book.
3. We had Lloyd’s barbecue chicken with Bush’s baked beans for lunch. I fixed Texas Toast with some of the leftover French bread that I used with the onion soup.
4. It was way too cold to spend much time outside, so I went took full advantage of my time at the Wellness Center and got within shouting distance of my goal for steps for today.
5. One of my sisters spent the morning making fattening things like Peanut Butter Fudge, and Pecan Sandies, and sending instant messages with pictures. Of course, I’m now craving things like that. I’ve gotten really used to having a little sweet treat in the middle of the afternoon with our 10 Days of Merriment. They don’t do that on the weekends, so I’m saved from getting too much.
How about you? What made you happy today?