And when we join together to touch our sparks with our neighbors, to ignite the promise of equity and equality, justice and human dignity, we create a blaze of truth and a fire of holy love that will remake the world.Rabbi Michael Adam Latz
1. It was 40 deg. and showery when I got up this morning. The rain stopped about 1:00 o’clock, but the warmest it ever got was 43.
2. The sermon this morning was Bet on Black. Using the Isaiah text and the Psalm that we studied on Tuesday, the preacher said we need to look at the people who have been marginalized in our society to see who will survive. Black and brown people have managed to stay with us and are beginning to take their places in the government and the country – just look at the future cabinet.
3. We had a Papa John’s pizza for lunch, so I didn’t have to go out in the cold and rain.
4. It’s really bad weather, but I’m constantly entertained by the activities of the birds outside my window. I have flickers, stellar blue jays, juncos, sparrows, woodpeckers, finches (gold, rosy, and plain), starlings, and flocks of bushtits, who all visit my feeders. The juncos are as mean as they can be and have never been told to share. There are usually sparrows and finches sitting on the feeder, but when the juncos arrive they chase all the others away. Then they sit down to eat and one other bird will come, and the junco chases it away. While the junco is away chasing the one little bird away, the others come back, and by the time the junco comes back, the whole flock is there again and it all starts over.
5. I’ve got the Greisser Girls Gab on Zoom this afternoon. Always something that makes me happy.
How about you? What made you happy today?