Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas.Calvin Coolidge
1. It was in the mid 40s with light rain first thing this morning. We’ve had alternate clearing (but never clear) and pouring rain all day.
2. In Bible Study today, we talked about Luke 1:46b-55 (Mary’s Song or the Magnificat) and Psalm 89 (selected verses). The thing I like the most about the Magnificat is that it is in “future perfect” tense. The merciful, free, and loving world has already been accomplished. Maybe we just haven’t noticed it yet. (I know that’s my predestinationalism rearing its head again.) Check out the Canticle of the Turning that is a modern rendering of these verses.
3. We each did our own dinner today. I had a ham sandwich and Big Al had ramen noodles with little green peas. I’m so glad he can fix his own, because, while there are VERY few things I can’t face, little green peas are one of them.
4. 10 Days of Merriment today is Tea Town Tree. One of the decorations here at FTJ is a Christmas Tree decorated with cups and saucers. People have donated them through the years. I don’t own any cups and saucers. We’ve been a “mug” family for many years, but they had some nice cups and saucers that they let us put our names on to add to the tree. Our treat was a holiday mug with mint flavored hot cocoa mix.
5. I dodged rain drops and made it to the Wellness Center where I was able to watch HCR’s Question and Answer Facebook Live. Good stuff there. Even better I polished off my goal of 10,000 steps for the day.
How about you? What made you happy today?