We are called to learn how to peaceably relinquish the old world and how to imaginatively give birth to a new world in which all life can flourish.Rabbi Nahum Ward-Lev
1. It was mid 40s and drizzly when I got up this morning. It warmed up to the upper 40s and the rain quit about noon.
2. I spent the morning just messing around, reading email, and trying to stay warm. Al’s physical therapist came just before lunch and put him through his paces.
3. We had a rerun of Wednesday’s lunch. We agreed that the corn and ham chowder was really good. I still have one more bowlful in the refrigerator that I suppose we’ll fight over. Now I need to figure out what next week’s “Soup of the Week” will be – or maybe I’ll do a pot of chili.
4. This is the last of the 10 Days of Merriment. One of the staff members bakes and makes candy all through the fall so she can gift us with goodies. (I gained 10 lbs just listing the contents of the box.) We EACH got a box.
Italian Almond & Orange Cookies, Chewy Lemon Snowdrop Cookies, Butterscotch Oatmeal Rice Krispie Cookies, Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies, Almond Joy Cookies, Caramel Turtle Brownies, Soft Glazed Gingerbread Bars, Apple Crisp Shortbread Bars, Butterfinger Fudge, Butter Pecan Fudge, Crispy Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups, Peppermint Chocolate Snowflakes, Rum Balls, Christmas Bark – Pistachio and Cranberry, Triple Chocolate S’mores Bark, and Oreo Cookie Mint Bark.
5. I’m headed over to the Wellness Center to see if I can work some of that off, before Oregon takes the field against USC in the Pac12 Championship Game.
How about you? What made you happy today?