If we stop long enough to gaze at what is laid out before us, to let the mystery of beauty and the wonder of the seasons sit deeply in our soul, our hearts cannot help but burst forth in thanksgiving and gratitude to life itself.Deborah Adele
1. It was 32 deg. when I woke up this morning – that’s a little bit more like winter. There was a skin of ice in the birdbath. The sun came out before noon, and it warmed up into the lower 40s.
2. I’m still expecting one package for Big Al’s Christmas, but I got everything else wrapped and out in the living room.
3. Lunch today was bratwurst and sauerkraut with boiled potatoes. Al would eat sausage of some kind every day of the world if I’d let him, so he seemed pleased.
4. I managed to get outside in this hiatus with no rain, and I fed the birds. They have been stomping around, and fluttering into my window for a couple of days, but I couldn’t deal with the deluges. They have fresh seeds, and a new suet cake, so that should keep them until after Christmas at least.
5. I was able to get over to the Wellness Center for a while in the late afternoon to start to catch up on some of my steps for the day. Freezing cold weather or pouring rain doesn’t make it easy to keep up my exercise.
How about you? What made you happy today?