Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.J.R.R. TOLKEIN
1. It was 46 and cloudy this morning when I got up. We had alternating sunbreaks and showers all day. We even had a rainbow in the mist. It got up to 48 just before nightfall when it went back to 46.
2. I went to the Wellness Center before lunch because it was Saturday and the time was available. Big Al had his Zoom call with the STEP cronies, so we were both able to completely clear our calendars for the day. The pandemic has taken care of most of the Bowl Games so we don’t even have college football until later in the week.
3. We are eating really light today. I opened a large can of Campbell’s chicken noodle soup We can share that and both feel pretty good about ourselves.
4. I almost finished watching all three discs of Lord of the Rings this afternoon – at least I got the ring destroyed, and “the eagles are coming.”. It’s about the triumph of good over evil, by the most unlikely of beings. It seems fitting as a Christmas movie. It says that we all matter and if we are faithful we can change the course of history.
5. Settling in to watch whatever Big Al wants to watch this evening. I’ve hogged the TV since Thursday.
How about you? What made you happy today?