Whenever someone reveals the story of their life, that ground on which they’re standing is holy ground. That’s common ground. We’re human, and we’ve got a story. If I listen to yours and you to mine, we won’t agree on a whole lot, but we will understand each other, and that’s common ground.Bishop Michael Curry
1. It was high 40s and showery when I got up. It didn’t improve and the wind came up about noon and it wuthered, blustered with intermittent rain. Static temperatures all day.
2. I know I’ve linked to Hugh Hollowell’s Five Beautiful Things newsletter before, but the one this Monday (he publishes (almost) every Monday) was especially good. His introduction struck home for me, and I loved the snowball fight from 1897, but the German pharmacy ad (#3 on his list) is full of all the feels.
3. Big Al went with me to pick up the Safeway order, and he filled up the car, luckily in a pause between showers.
4. The laundry is all washed, dried, folded and hung up.
5. We have Gazebo Group on Zoom late this afternoon. That will be fun.
How about you? What made you happy today?