We should be dismayed, but we should not be surprised.Marci Glass
1. It was low 40s and cloudy with wet streets when I got up. It got into the mid 40s with a few sunbreaks, before finishing the day at 50 deg.
2. Nice church service today. I think it was recorded early Wednesday, before all the horror, so it was restful to look back, for a moment, to the before-time. But we can’t go back. It will be with us forever. We can repent, and reconcile, but we can never go back.
3. Big Al decided he wanted Mexican food for lunch today, so I ran down to Moctezuma’s and picked up lunch. I had carne asada with rice and beans, and he had three enchiladas. Good stuff.
4. I’m beginning to see signs that the wheels are falling off the Republican wagon – large, important companies are starting to cancel donations – Forbes put out a message that they will never hire any of his ex-spokespersons, Marriott will not donate to any Senators who opposed the vote count on Wednesday. I guess that’s the only way to get their attention – hit them in the pocketbook.
5. I’ll be meeting with the sisters on Zoom in a little while. We managed to talk the whole time without trashing anybody!
How about you? What made you happy today?