We are now faced with the fact that tomorrow is today. We are confronted with the fierce urgency of now. In this unfolding conundrum of life and history, there is such a thing as being too late. This is no time for apathy or complacency. This is a time for vigorous and positive action.The Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
1. It was 45 deg. and clearing when I got up this morning, after a MAJOR wind storm in the night. The sun was out all day, and maintenance came through and picked up all the downed limbs, etc. We closed out the day at 50 deg, although it will be much colder tomorrow.
2. I went to Safeway right after breakfast and picked up my grocery store order for the week. Wonder of wonders, they had everything on my list!
3. Soup of the week this week was Bear Creek Chicken Noodle soup that I make with boxed broth and add some extra chicken.
4. My house member, US Representative Derek Kilmer had scheduled a Town Hall on Zoom for this afternoon, but the impeachment vote caused him to cancel it. He sent his weekly newsletter 5 days early and said, in part
When historians look back on the next few months, I hope they will record that leaders in our nation’s capital gave them cause for hope. That they worked to beat back a virus that has killed far too many of our fellow Americans. That they helped America recover from the most significant economic downturn since the Great Depression. That they addressed big, generational challenges – like the climate crisis and racial injustice – that have been ignored for far too long. That they made reforms to our government to prevent corruption and self-dealing and the abuse of power.
5. I was able to settle down for a while and read, and then go over to the Wellness Center to finish off my steps for the day.
How about you? What made you happy today?