Healing can happen, but not without an honest accounting. Transformation is possible, but it relies on our being willing to acknowledge the pain and live in the confusion–the genuine ambiguity–for a while. Rest, weep, find reasons to hope, but do not look away.MaryAnn McKibben Dana
1. It was In the high 40s and cloudy with wet streets when I got up. The sun came out mid-morning and the temps topped out in the low 50s
2. Big Al is trying to decide what to do about his oxygen. He hates fooling with a tank when he’s out of the house, but neither Medicare nor Tricare will pay for a portable concentrator. We’re exploring options.
3. Red beans and rice with Little Smokies sausages for lunch. Quick and easy. Thank goodness for Amazon who carries these. It’s really hard to find in Washington State.
4. The Town Hall with my congressman originally scheduled for Wednesday afternoon happened today. He talked with us about “where do we go from here?” and “what happens next?” He admitted that he has no idea what’s going to happen next – in fact he said he’s still so angry that he can’t even start to think about it. He said right now, he’s just focused on next Wednesday.
5. There will probably be some fascinating books written before long called Three Wednesdays in January. I can’t wait to see what they say and how they end up changing as we learn more and more.
How about you? What made you happy today?