And so we lift our gaze not to what stands between us, but what stands before us. We close the divide because we know to put our future first, we must first put our differences aside.Amanda Gorman
1. It was in the low 40s and rainy when I got up. It managed to get up to 45 with drizzle before sunset.
2. I had clam chowder for lunch and Big Al had some of his leftover pasta.
3. I went to the Wellness Center and finished off my steps for the day while listening to HCR. She was tired of Politics and eagerly returned to the History of Reconstruction.
4. Grab and Go Happy Hour this afternoon. Big Al (properly masked) ventured out to pick up his goodies! It’s been a while since he’s been anywhere or seen anyone except me. They gave us pizza and a beverage.
5. I attended a Senior University Zoom by a professor from the University of Puget Sound – How Resilient is Democracy? US Politics after the 2020 Election. The problem isn’t so much that we disagree, it’s that we are arguing and disagreeing about different things.
How about you? What made you happy today?