Manifest plainness, embrace simplicity, reduce selfishness, have few desires.Lao Tzu
1. It was in the upper 30s and drizzling when I got up and there it stayed – 39 deg and drizzle through nightfall.
2. Church this morning was nice. We elected and installed new elders and deacons. They should do a good job.
3. We split a Papa John’s Pizza for lunch – thin crust, and veggies. I could make one myself using tortillas, if I bothered, but I didn’t. Maybe I’ll get ambitious one day.
4. HCR asked a question today that still has me thinking. She asked about the way the Senate is populated, and whether we thought having half of the Senators represent 41% of the people was fair. I’m still chewing that over, but basically I think it all comes down to people seeing governing as a zero-sum game. If you get something, I won’t get it. We have to train our kids better to understand that farmers, and factory workers are just as important and worthy as financial gurus and office workers. How do we get rid of the selfishness (I’ve got mine, now I dare you to get yours) in government?
5. I’ve got Greisser Girls Gab this afternoon, so I imagine we’ll solve those questions, and all the other questions of the world.
How about you? What made you happy today?