Rituals become the cairns along the trail of our lives, offering direction and clarity, meaning, and reassurance.Anonymous
1. It was 41 deg. with drizzle when I got up. It continued like that all day, alternating drizzle and mist, and 45 deg.
2. I was up, showered, and dressed early this morning to go to the plastic surgeon for Mohs surgery on a place on my chin. It didn’t take as long as I was afraid it would – less than three hours from walking in the door to walking out. The bandage on my chin is from the surgery, and the place on my other cheek is from the peel for the squamous cell carciinoma.
3. I picked up McDonalds Big Macs for Al on my way home, and I got KFC. I probably should have gotten pho because I bit my lip pretty severely where it was still numbed from the anesthetic for my chin.
4. I didn’t get home in time for my time at the Wellness Center, but I tried to walk around the house, a little.
5. I did visit Starbucks for a mocha after spending some time listening to HCR. She’s still working on Reconstruction on Thursdays. Today was mostly about monetary policy and I know I should have learned it when I was taking my masters in accounting, but, there you go, I didn’t. It’s starting to make sense to me.
How about you? What made you happy today?